I feel now like a petulant child – I want to go … I want to go…. Why cant I go….
But when you are planning to sail for 3 days you need the right weather and setting off this morning as planned would have meant a very uncomfortable journey.
We were all ready and excited – We moved Magic at 3pm Wed 7th and did some final preparations. Then we went to visit some friends to say good bye. We had a lovely meal out and an early night. We checked the weather before we slept and it looked perfect. At 6am we were up and ready to go.
Just one more update on the weather before we go.
Nooooo… the weather had changed and a decision to go would mean 25k of wind on our nose – not today but tomorrow. It would have been rough and splashy and horrible – so we made the decision to wait. When we are on land we are all so used to going when you want to go and arriving when you want to arrive. But when you are a sailor it is different and we are learning – that when it is safer to wait – you wait even if it is frustrating.
We were as ready as you can be and that’s frustrating also a shame because Nissa had flown from Sweden for the journey.
We will now have to go back to our berth and wait. It is the right decision 24 hours of bashing into the wind would have been miserable and so we have to ‘put up with’ lazing by the pool and ready a book – perhaps tweeking a few things on the boat